So, here we are in March 2009, around 10 years after I had put a deposit down to have Scott restore my car. I have managed to track down a lot of rare parts for my car over the years that I have stashed away waiting the day I can install them on my car, steel wheels, original E and G 60 polyglas tires, NOS mufflers, mint trim, I redid my seats with a Legendary kit, etc.
I never expected I'd have to replace so much sheet metal. I have a pair of mint '70 fenders, a mint rear tail light panel, an mint AZ trunk floor, 2 repro quarters, NOS front valence,and now 2 nice used doors. Plus all the patching of the cowl, the floor, the rear wheel housings.
Just to complicate life further, I lost my full time job late last year and have been getting by on unemployment and income from a side job.
Last summer I refinanced to take money out to build a bigger new garage so I'd have room for my T/A when it comes home along with an '09 Challenger R/T I had planned to get this year.
The '09 dream is on hold, but since Scott is making so much progress the last thing I want to do is tell him to put it on hold. I opened a new HELOC when I did that refinance, I wrote my first check drawing from it a few weeks ago to put down another deposit on the resto work.
I hate to take on any debt, but fortunately other than my mortgage I had no debt going into my unemployment. And the interest rate is only 2.25% on the equity line right now so interest payments are tiny. Hopefully I will get back to full time work again sometime in the near future, I don't want to take on a lot of debt but I don't want to have this project go on indefinite hold after it has dragged on for so long already.
Somehow this car needs to be finished before I die of old age!!!