Quote:

Very cool story and glad to see you still have it. Are you in the Burbs or City ? You don't have to say in the open forum but I'm in the Western burbs. I've had 3 T/A's but none currently. I have a few projects I need to finish but hope to get into another very soon. Hopefully I'll bump into you and your T/A in the near future. I would love to see it.

I'm in the near NW burbs. When I bought the T/A it was in Arlington Heights, a mile or two down the road from where I live now. The sales paperwork showed the original owner (who I thought I tracked down through online snooping but have been unable to contact) lived in Rolling Meadows about 3 miles from my house. I lived in Glenview with my parents when I bought it, and the Mr. Norms sticker was actually a newer one, as it showed his second location in Buffalo Grove in addition to his chi town address. It must have been sold used at Mr. Norms in the early 70's after being sold there new . It didn't sell at Mr. Norms new until February of '71 and the original owner traded in a Challenger 340 on it!
Other than these years it has been MI at the restoration shop it has always lived in a pretty small area geographically.
I took it out to the Koller Dodge show once, probably in '99, just prior to when I started taking it apart.
If you attend local shows and cruises you've probably seen my convertible. A FK5 383 car with a flat hood. It's at the CMC Belvidere show most every year, I used to take it to the Naperville show until that show turned into a Neon and new car fest with the vintage muscle stuck out in the far reaches of the grounds like red headed step children.
I take the vert to several local cruises like Rolling Meadows too, so if you see me stop by and say "hi" and we can chat about T/A's