My restorer has lived in the area he is in for his whole life and also is friends with and has worked with Vance Cummins on several projects years ago, so I figured he wasn't going to "skip town" on me! I have most of the small easy to sell type rare parts stashed away here, so all in all I figured it unlikely I was going to get ripped off!
The engine and 4 speed trans are #'s.
In the first 30 year old picture you might see the Grand Spaulding dealer sticker on the spoiler. In the 90's I was able to buy my original sales paperwork including a set of keys for my car. That was really cool and was one thing that motivated me to want to restore the car. The broadcast sheets I found in my car were for another T/A (returned to its owner in the early 90's). So the sales paperwork documented options the car had that aren't shown on the fender tag.
I did have to go track down a set of '450 steel wheels for the car after I got my paperwork, because I found it didn't have ralleys when new. Those are the most expensive parts I have bought so far, though I am glad I bought them in the late 90s'. A few years ago I could have tripled my money if I wanted to sell them.