Some updates.

I got new Firecore 50 wires, new coil and new plugs installed.

I got a vacuum gauge on the car and set the idle mixture screws; I had the same vacuum reading as before; around 15hg. I did inspect all my vacuum lines and used a butane torch and moved it all around to check for leaks just to be safe; I found no issues. I also checked the float levels which were fine.

I took the car out for the first time a few nights ago and was not too impressed; it felt slightly faster but, I could tell it wanted more fuel especially at higher rpm. I had no detonation or temperature spikes but, the car just ran out of steam up top and just felt a little flat through the whole RPM range. I made two blasts and putted back home and pulled some plugs and confirmed that I’m way lean. Again, I have a bad off idle stumble too. I dealt with this issue when I first put the motor together; the thing likes a lot of pump shot which I gave it and it cleared the problem up (I think IAB’s and IFR’s need some tuning too but, I’m just trying to get this thing straightened out enough to make it to the track this weekend). Lastly, due to the shorter intake, I also noticed that my throttle pressure rod required adjustment.

I had 83/87 jetting to start; I went up to 86/91, added bigger pump nozzles and a 50cc accelerator pump to the rear bowl; the nozzle was too big for the 30cc pump to begin with but, I got rid of the bog without it in the past so; I never messed with it.

I took the car out again last night and the changes really woke it up. The bog is almost completely gone but, it still needs some more pump shot; I think I can get the bog out with some pump cam tuning now. I got the throttle pressure rod adjusted to my liking. The thing is still too lean and has too much timing based on where the line is on the ground strap of the plug.

So; before Sunday, I want to back the timing back 2 degrees to 36, check the idle mixture again and maybe up the jets a few sizes front and back and see how it runs and what the plugs look like. From there, if I still have the bog, I’ll add some more aggressive pump cams and jet it up more if it looks like I need it.

Hopefully Sunday night, I can post up some numbers from the track if everything goes good. They’re calling for some rain this weekend but, I think it’s supposed to quit early Saturday afternoon. I hope the track doesn’t decide to not open for some reason this weekend.