Originally Posted By parksr5
I worked on the car this weekend and ended up getting everything painted and got the passenger side head back on; that's about as far as I got.

I still need to remove the driver side head, clean the deck surface, place the new head on and button everything back up.

Dwayne, I took a pic; I'll have to add it later. The valley pan slightly hung over on one side of the center divider of the ports and the bottom of the pan hangs over into the ports slightly. I'm confident that there is enough wiggle room to center up the pan from side to side on the ports and I hope that when the intake is bolded down that the pan will pull down slightly and everything will be perfectly aligned.

I've had a bum shoulder for about a year; it made things real interesting trying to turn wrenches. Trying to place the head back on the car was really fun; it took me 4-5 tries to hit the dowels. I'd get it close to being into place and would mess around for 20 or so seconds but, would have to lift the head back up and out of the engine compartment and put it down; my shoulder just couldn't take it/wouldn't do what I wanted it to do.

Maybe you guys can help me out. My guess is I'm adding 40-50 cfm over what I have now. How many jet sizes do you think I should add as a baseline?

Sometimes less jet as it's more efficient

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time