I got it all back together and fired it up tonight. I had some things fight me so; it took a little longer than I would have liked. With the new intake, I had some clearance issues with a few things that I had to figure out tonight and then I dealt with human error for about an hour (I crossed the ground and hot wire on the alternator).

I got it up to temp and set the timing in the ball park; I need to back it off a degree or two. My helper wanted to go in and take a shower and go to bed; man, fiancé's.

It's obvious that I need to mess with the carb; I had a stumble that has not been there before. I have not put new plugs in it for a few years and a couple spark plug boots/connections seemed a little questionable so; I think I'm going to try and get some Firecore wires overnighted from Mancini tomorrow if possible. I'll do all of this before touching the carb.

I jacked it up and pulled the oil drain plug and called it a night. I'll finish the oil change tomorrow. So; hopefully I can get the required parts in time, set the idle screws, check the float levels and make any other adjustments to the carb before trying to make it to the track on Saturday.