Quote:
So here is a quote from 'How to How Rod Small Block Mopar Engines', p108: "...Note the notch on the end of hydraulic rocker shaft. It should be pointing to the centerline of the engine and towards the front of the engine on the left bank and to the rear on the right bank...".

Even my ancient HPBooks 'How to rebuild your Small-Block Mppar', p89: "...On driver's (left-hand) side cylinder bank, notch faces to the front of the vehicle. On opposite bank, notch faces rearward. Rocker shaft used with adjustable rockers has small flat spot in the same location...".

Sooo....which way to go here???
I have both of those books right in front of me. partial misprint in the first quote. Yes as you noted the notch should go down & to the front on the left (drivers) side on the shaft and down & to the rear on the right (passenger) shaft. this locates the bottom oiling holes 15 deg offset toward the valve side. I'm thinking Ma wanted it that way cuz the contact pressure between rocker/shaft is gonna be greater on the one side of the shaft as the pushrod raises/rotates the rocker arm so oil would want to be directed to that side. But with that being said, the side hole for the pushrod side dribble down oiling is clocked way off and there is no side hole at all for the valve tip instead it relies on splash from the top hole on my 273 iron rockers or just splash in general on most rockers & for longevity I wanted it better. I also direct oil the heads directly & plug the (2) angled cam oil passages & also limiting crank to cam bearing vertical oiling to 1/16" on each of those 5 cam bearings (which is plenty).

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth