Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
I don't recall ever using the 1.6's on a SB, but I've used the 1.5's several times........... Just used std shafts, no additional prep......... Never a problem.

As have I Dwayne. This is really a lot of trouble in my opinion, for a result that has been settled for over 40-50 years.....there is nothing new here, and thinking you are stretching the limits of engineering, well, thats just a pretty sad argument.You can argue a cam " designed" to take advantage of the 1.6 ratio might be a faster, more powerful combo.COULD you combo gain from the swap? Maybe, but in reality, who cares. Your going to gain nothing with 5HP in a street car.If you put it into coil bind, then you've done more damage. I would suggest making your time more useful, ( and fun) and put the old combo together, and go enjoy your car!

If you decide to take up stock eliminator or class racing, then you can break this stuff back out and then it will matter, but for now, I doubt its gonna be a beneficial use of time. Good luck.

RIP Monte Smith

Your work is a reflection of yourself, autograph it with quality.

WD for Diamond Pistons,Sidewinder cylinder heads, Wiseco, K1 rods and cranks,BAM lifters, Morel lifters, Molnar Technologies, Harland Sharp, Pro Gear, Cometic, King Engine Bearings and many others.