I just took off my filter to see your pics, them comps are good roller tip rockers, imo you might be giving up some gain be reverting back to the friction based tips of the 1.6 rockers.

Pull the comp off the shaft and look inside, if they are like mine, not only do they have a wide area for oil flow

Since oem rockers never seem to be a 1.5 its speculation of the 6-12hp increase with a roller tip with all else equal.

I applaud you for the things you do and the attention to detail but another thought is keep the good proven comps and just get a cam with a hair more lift.

Its 12:30 am but I had to go snap a pic here.... If your old cast units are like the pic Robert posted you can see vs the comp that has the groove on the inside, even one hole in the shaft would give pressure to all.

These rockers in the pics, just like your comps are nearly bulletproof, on a comp 295s cam, comp 977-6 springs shift points at 7400, unbushed and never any metal transfer from shaft to rocker body, never a hurt pushrod, and even winter thrashing at 20 degree startups.

IMO the simpler the better, those comps are great rockers and can do so much more then your asking from them, heck if you want to sell them let me know, ive even some tested, ready to bolt on china man rockers that would let you enjoy your summer cruising.

DSC00070.JPGDSC00071.JPGDSC00072.JPGDSC00073.JPG