Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
While I agree with the above to a point, I am also not going to just ignore it either. In this type build, while I wouldn't go to the expense of billet and profiled milled super light pistons, I am sure not going to just put TRWs in it either. I am always going to do the things that in my mind "make good common sense". Those include a longer, better and probably lighter rod. A better, lighter piston. A smaller pin, better smaller ring packages, etc. That is if I have to BUY parts. Now if I have a garage full of stuff just lying around, sure, I might toss it together. But if I am buying, it's going to be better stuff.

I did say "stroked", which almost by definition means you'll be using an aftermarket crank, pistons & rods.
What I meant was, I would just use whatever flavor of off the self crank, pistons and rods you liked, and not spend extra $$$ buying lighter versions, or having weight removal options done to them.
A set of Icon, Ross, Diamond, etc, off the shelf stroker pistons are hundreds of grams lighter than oem 440 pistons. Spending money to make them even lighter, in this type of build, will definitely not provide a very good return in ET improvement vs dollars spent.

68 Satellite, 383 with stock 906’s, 3550lbs, 11.18@123
Dealer for Comp Cams/Indy Heads