Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

My hemi Challenegr fenders are rolled and the braces cut out. They are original to the car.

& it's a '70 or '71? the SPD is when? Got pics?

Dan,

I can get you a pic of my 70 hemi Challenger passenger fender it's original to the car.

And I think I have an NOS 71 fender on my 71 340 car that I can take a pic of too.

Curious - Is it true that Hemi Challengers never wheel trim????

Morty

Morty as I posted above

"The Challenger moldings(all 4)were discarded because they were too thin. No Hemi Challengers should have wheel lip moldings.They were not delivered with them."

I might add this was the case for the 70 Hemi Challengers.I would guess that some owners or even dealers put them back on because the cars were coded for them.

1970 Hemi Challenger wheel lip moldings appear to have been coded on broadcast sheets until about mid-model year. I do not have many examples here, but I checked them those I do have.

If folks have broadcast sheets for them can scan & email them to me I may be able to come up with an approximate date for the change.

Normally a change like this would be noted in a PIB (Product Information Bulletin) & sent out to dealerships so they knew about it. My set is not complete, for anyone that has them can you check yours for this issue please?

I should have stated Creative designed and built the "prototype" hoods.Of course they did not manufacture the production part. They (or the Chry employees on hand) did hand lay the fiberglass on the many different scoops and hoods that I worked on.There were Chry employees assigned to the on site studio.They were changing hoods and scoop designs by the day.

The Challenger wheel lip moldings were removed from day one.If they were deleted from the options available later,it didn't matter they were gone already.

Leave the gun.......take the Cannoli's....Mike