Quote:

Sunroof cars are the only ones I know of for sure that went to an outside vendor (ASC) for modification. (So far.) So I have some questions about the fender mods / Creative Industries;

Why were the modifications not done at the plant?

Did the cars go back to the plant after the mods were done or were they shipped straight to the dealerships from Creative once completed?

Do you have or know of any photos of these cars at Creative?

Just curious because I have not heard of any 1970 E-bodies that went to Creative for any modifications before now. [/quote

1. The cars went to the marshaling yard not the factory after the mods.

2. I have no photo's but I have being trying to access the Creative Ind archives ,so far the present owners have not cooperated.

3.Creative often did piece work for all the Big 3 Can you imagine the factory doing the mods? There are other reasons that I will not speculate on here.

4.Creative had a complete design studio that was only accessed by the Chrysler design team and the Creative management.

5.The 340 T/A and 340 Six Pac hoods were designed and built at the above mentioned studio.I worked on that project (at least 10 different versions) while we waited for more 70 Hemi e-bodies.

6. Who installed all the A-12 hoods? Creative Ind. at their East Detroit plant.Cars were shipped in, hoods installed and shipped out.

Hope that helps ATA

Leave the gun.......take the Cannoli's....Mike