Wheel lips were done at Creative Ind. not on the line.Done by hand using very simple tools.Cars were done just after being built.No cars were repainted etc.I contacted Frank after reading his article and he printed a retraction in the next issue.Most hand modded fenders should be very similar. One guy did almost all the rights and another guy (me) did the lefts.We did have a second crew for a very short time but they were released for shoddy work.Only the Cudas had the moldings cut.The Challenger moldings(all 4)were discarded because they were too thin. No Hemi Challengers should have wheel lip moldings.They were not delivered with them.Problem appears to be that because the mods were rather crude someone decided that they were done in someones garage,they were not and people discarded the modded fenders.Also the fenders were only hand modded until the "Hemi-fender" was ready which was about March of 1970.Only the factory modified (stamping changed to clearance tire) Hemi-fender car had the Hemi fender tag.If someone has production dates for the Hemi e- bodies I can give you a very accurate total for the cars done at Creative Ind.There were no hand modded service fenders.

I might add that only a very few 70 cars if any got out without either of the modded fenders.No 71's had hand modded fenders.We only did Hemi-e-bodies.I have checked almost every car I have seen other the years and many cars have had one or both fenders replaced.I have researched this with the other Creative employees and it is our contention that we did nearly all cars produced until the modded stamped fenders were ready.It was the large tires not the 15 in wheels that needed the extra space.

Last edited by mike s; 10/19/10 04:04 AM.

Leave the gun.......take the Cannoli's....Mike