Quote:

Mike are you asking for me to take some pictures of the fenders on my 1971 Challengers or are you more interested in the 1970s. Both fenders on each car look identical tp each other in the rolled crushed modification zone before the braces. This would mean that it was done via a machine and not a person with some tool.

Thanks for taking some time to answer some questions. I have about one hundred more but I will give others a chance to ask some.

I can only speak on the 70's cars with 100% certainty.I have seen the stamped fender on cars over the years.Even some with one of each.It should have also been the service fender.(Hemi only)It would be great to see the 71's also.The modified(stamped)fender should be the 71 Hemi fender.I can't see why they would have changed it for such a small run.

The pictures that have been shown have been very helpful but pictures of the inside of the fender will be the most helpful.

No problem with questions,nice to contribute something to the forum.

Sadly it appears that the original fenders were dismissed and discarded in many cases.It makes sense that you find a rusty car want to restore it you go get nicer sheet metal especially if you did not realize the fenders were unique.Figure in restorer misunderstanding,a lack of any announcement by mother Mopar, fender benders and race cars it all adds up.

Leave the gun.......take the Cannoli's....Mike