I didn't know this would be such a hotly debated topic when I posted it.

I was just looking for the "general" opinion from people that haven't built a engine of this caliber in the past. I did make the mistake of generalizing the 900 hp mark and do realize there is a substantial difference in 25 hp output at this level. My motor made (by the calculated #'s a little over 900 by et and about 880 by mph) so I would suggest it was very close to an honest 890 hp. BTW, my car was at 2880 when my best times were ran and I am very impressed with those that have under 400" engines running quicker at more weight.

My build is what I would call a higher end, but regular guy build. It is a very mild bracket roller cam, about 14:1 compression and cast single 4 manifold. Not exactly the things dreams are made of, but made good reliable hp. Didn't cost me anywhere near the $40k I am hearing, but was north of $20k by a decent amount for a blend of new and used parts to get it done. Thanks again to Brett Miller for the very nice CNC ports in the heads.

Bretts new engine is not typical, but should easily eclipse 900 hp. No canted valves required.