Originally Posted By Leon441
This whole thread is nutz. Guys saying they can build 900 with w8-w9's all day long, really. I don't know if you guys pay attention but many of these dyno champs do not even run 150 in a 3000 lb car on good days. A 900 HP build should trip 150 in the worst air. On a good day should run close to 158. If it doesn't either you have a car problem or a dyno operated that is doing something wrong. If same guy built it and took your money he needs a bruised eye.

If you know where the deals are and have some luck you could build for $10k. I did it once with my 457cid in 2000 with 100% American parts. Shops wanted $35,000 to $60,000.
what dyno numbers are you talking about I did not see anybody post dyno numbers or mph numbers that were not reasonable. incredible you did it for 10gs that is completely believable using quality used parts recently there was a Patterson motor for sale 14 grand made over 900. I don't think any two people will pay the same price what someone can do for 25 somebody else might be able to do 20 or 40. I think with a p7 it could be done cheaper with used parts there are tons available....

In the 8s N/A.with Brett miller W8's
5.07 at 133 at 2700lb