Im going to run some sea foam through later and check it again. When I bought the car, it had an older 1413 800 on it and didn't run good. The guy thought it did...lol. This one looks pretty old. The motor was bought in 2007, so who knows what has happened changing a few hands before I bought it. Plus from year One, it was tested with a Holley 850. I was excited to buy a 68 RR for a good price. Didn't pay attention to these issues. Normally I could dial them in pretty good. Im getting a leak down test set this afternoon as well. So can better diagnose it hopefully for tomorrow's post. If it's heads/valves I would be happy. Wet shows no change so it would appear rings are good. Pretty low comp with 130-140. So I assume 9:1. But seeing what the other details that were not tended to, I think when they installed it, they had no clue what was happening and could have very well ran it lean or pig rich for a long time. Either could have carboned it up pretty good??

Springs now are silver. Wanted to get as much fuel as I could. As you can see, it's getting better based on the 2nd plug pic I posted. Vacuum fairly consistent at 10-12. But a bit shaky on the needle. Plus I think I had reg fuel. Changing that today as well with some 91. It seems it wants lots of fuel to run the AFR near normal. So 70/37 rods with .113 jets are all I could find in my shop right now. Plugs are getting fuel better then the first plug pic post. I could get the 1490 kit and still play with the 800, as the 750 has too much play in the throttle plate rod as I found out last night as well. Good vacuum leak there and seems to be binding.

We got a crate 440 for my sons 72 Charger and put on a Holley 670 avenger. Runs nice...a bit rich but nice. So don't get it.