I bought this car last Sept. is a 68 RR, first gen (1st 6mos of build) The guy said runs great....I knew it needed work with these issues, but I've had SB's for years, and thought no big deal. Well been a week now...lol. But i'm sure I'll get it. Love the car as what it needed was just final details and touch-ups. Oh ya...paint too...paint is good from far but far from good if you know what I mean...lol. I paint in my shop anyway, so will cut and polish for now until winter. Then B/C and color sand/polish for a perfect finish later.

I did read one thread quoting either Rick here or Barry Grant about lean misfires diagnosed as rich when actually are a lean condition. That's why leaning toward this route. When I played with the 750 long enough, I thought I'd try the 800. It was marginally better but still not where it should be. So yes, I still have underlying issues.

Also forgot, one muffler is shot...blown a hole in it. That's coming as well soon (Jegs BO). That wouldn't do that would it?

Good catch somecarguy. No power brakes, but will check for leaks. Dyno on 2007 sheet shows 14hg at 800 rpm from Year One, but we all know those were not real all the time. Sure not getting that reading today.

Mr Yuck and Robert, good points as well. I didn't know a timing light on each wire would tell you if it's firing or not. See...not too old to learn something new....even from Canada ey....lol. Also the blocking up of the rods. If it still read stupid lean, then I have major issues....GOOD ONE!

When back Monday, will do a dry/wet comp and check again for vacuum leaks. ran unlit propane around base but found none. Will try again.

At initial timing of 14 deg, did a run and got some pinging when moshed it, but cleared up after tires stopped spinning...lol. So I know it's lean...

Have as I said one of those Asian Procomp dist and I'm sure isn't working properly. When mech advance is at 34 deg @ 2500 - 3000 rpm, back at idle it's like 9 deg. Bump back up to say 14 at idle, and goes over bad. Then changes again...so think that junk has to go. So that thing is not running right either. Have the MSD all in one enroute from Jegs coming soon. It's fully adjustable and has a built in rev limiter as well. Has capability to stop advance at a specified RPM. Will change that, plug wires and plugs. Comp test, reset timing and then carb. Then will check again.

So keep the ideas coming if I am missing something. Be mid - end of next week with results, so stay tuned. Thanks again!

cheers - Mike