Maybe a good time to [/i]update[i] my info:

[b][/b]

Model: 1970 Dodge Charger

Weight: Dry, Wet w/driver Do not know.

Application: Show, Autocross, Track, Race

Engine Package briefly: 440 based 493. 10.0 CR. Edelbrock heads, ported. 2" TTI headers. 850 4 barrel Lunati solid lifter cam

Estimate HP: FW or RWHP No dyno test on current combo.

Trans: 727 with 11" converter with 2600 stall (Approx)

RE Ratio: 66-67 8 3/4" with 3.55 gears, '489 case with clutch type SG.

Front Tire Size Brand Model: 275-40-18 Nitto 555

Front Rim width: 18x9"

Rear tire Size Brand Model: 295-40-18 Nitto 555

Rear Rim Width: 18x10"

TB Dia: 1.15 from BAC

Coil Rate:

Front Shocks: Bilstein RCD

Front Sway bar Dia: 1.25 solid. Modified GM truck unit from a mid 70s 1 ton 2wd.

Rear Leaf Suspension Model Rate: MP HD with 6 leafs each side

Shocks: Bilstein RCD

Rear Sway bar Dia: 3/4" frame hung, OEM from 1983 Chrysler Imperial

Front Brakes: 1976 Cordoba 11.75 Unicast rotors, 2.75 single piston calipers from 88 Diplomat.

Rear Brakes: Dr Diff 11" disc kit using Toyota rotors, Mustang Cobra calipers.

Parking Brake: Yes

Dual Circuit Dia MC: 15/16" with power assist.

Chassis:

Subframe Connectors: 3x3 box tubing welded into place

Torque Boxes: Custom made, front and rear

Roll bar, Roll Cage: None

Aftermarket stiffeners: Welded K member

Comments:

1. Best improvement: Front end rebuild! Stock suspension had 135,000 miles on it when I bought the car. Currently I have rubber LCA bushings, Moog rubber UCA bushings and urethane strut rod bushings.

2. Least effective improvement: Hard to determine.

3. Next improvement: Tires!

4. Above car handles IMO on a 1-10 ( 10 best Z06, 1 yugo): 7

For years I dealt with an oversteer condition. I liked how flat and level the car stayed in the turns but the twitchy feel made it hard to feel confident if I wanted to press it hard into a turn. I was running a 7/8" axle hung Addco rear sway bar. I tried rubber end link bushings, tire pressure changes and it still wasn't right. I recently switched to a smaller rear bar; a 3/4" frame hung version that came stock on an 83 Imperial. The car felt better but still wasn't neutral. Last week I installed bigger torsion bars, out went the 1.0 and in went the 1.15s. I also changed the shocks at the same time from KYBs to Bilsteins. The ride improved, the oversteer went away and the car is much more fun to drive. The car has enough power to kick the tail out if I feel I need to. I no longer have to coast or brake through the turns to avoid drifting!