Quote:

Quote:

RE Type: Eaton tru-trac

Can/Have you experianced any noticable differences between a Tru-Trac (Torsen type) diff than a Clutch or Cone type?

yes. i LOVE the tru--trac diffs. I had one in my big block truck. it's now in a buddy's Dakota.

When there is no load on the tires, they act like an open diff. infact, if you jack the rear up in the air, the wheels will rotate oposite of each other! you can jack up just one wheel, leaving the other on the ground, and the wheel in the air will turn.

when both tires have traction it locks them up tight and evenly.

what does this mean while driving?

one wheel in the mud on the side of the road, and one on the pavement? it's going to act like an open and might leave you stuck.

wet roads, while going around a corner, if your tires are slippery, the unit acts like an open, and prevents you from getting "tail happy" when you don't want to.

dry pavement, it will lock up and send power to each wheel evenly.

honestly it's the best of both worlds.

and if you find yourself where you WANT to "lock it up" when it won't, like if you're one wheel off the road stuck in mud or something, then drag the brakes with your left foot, it creates enough torque resistance to lock up the diff, and get you un-stuck.

**Photobucket sucks**