My only experience with the CTD was with my 2002 QC Short Bed 2WD. I was the 2nd owner and it had a new South Bend clutch matched to a 6 speed manual and the HO (for the time) 5.9. It also had a complete set of gauges, Boost, EGT and Fuel Pressure at the VP44. I would still have it but, I wrecked the truck in October 2012. The air bags never deployed? It was totaled by State Farm???WTF...I bought it back and sold it 4 months later with all the extra wheels/tires and accessories that I had acquired over the years, to a young man that rebuilt it. It was a good deal for him and he is still driving and loving it. During the time that I owned it, I changed the VP44 injector pump for a rebuilt, relocated the OEM lift pump to the frame, changed that lift pump to a FASS DDRP, put a short shift kit in the transmission and put in a 4" MBRP Stainless Exhaust system. I did all the maintenance myself. I would have rebuilt it and kept it, but my wife could not drive it (Ergonomics all wrong for her) and I had to have new knee after the accident, so it would have sat for a long time in my driveway

I would recommend the 24 valve 98.5 through 2002 models for the most performance for the least investment.

8453503-100_2355(2).JPG (250 downloads)

1986 Dodge Ramcharger 440 2wd, Bracket Racer Under Construction
1998 Ram 2500 QuadCab, new daily driver.
2008 Honda Element
2014 Carry-On 7x14 Cargo Trailer