Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This weekend I am going to cut up an old set of valves, drill and tap the head portion and weld a 1/4"x20 tpi bolt to the stem to make some adjustable length mockup valves for my Victor heads, so I could mockup the rocker arm height for the max wedge rocker arm blocks. I just need to check if my old valves (from my B1 B/S heads) are 11/32" or 3/8"?

Be careful using the rocker arm shims. I'm not sure if that is why I split the center rocker stand on my old set of victor heads.
I will say this new set looks like a better casting quality than the old set.

Please let us know what you find. I was looking up valves and the intake was a shelf part but finding a long enough exhaust valve would be tough. I don't understand why they don't make the exhaust valve a little longer than the intake to make up for the wider margin to face distance on the exhaust. Am I missing something here?

I know this seems overboard to some of you but I'm trying to drive this thing as well as track time so getting it right the first time is very necessary in order to have fun at this.

I would never shim rocker shafts just on what little I know about the stresses they create. simply put, in order to not put all the load on the outer edge of the rocker stand, the shims would have to be thinner at the edges than the center. To see this, all you need to do is cut a piece of tubing length wise into 1/3s and stack them. The problem shims create will become obvious.
I would think that in most cases where a fairly high lift roller is going to be used, lowering the rocker stands might be needed rather than shimming anyway?

Well, I did the math today for the OP's kit, and no, the shafts do not have to go down. They still need to go up, and there should be no clearance issues with any of the retainers.
Also, I don't make shims. Shims are flat stock. I make shaft spacers from billet bar stock with proper radii. They aren't stressing anything.
This saga is going to have a happy ending, as far as the rocker geometry is concerned.

Mike Beachel

I didn't write the rules of math nor create the laws of physics, I am just bound by them.