Quote:

Quote:

Monte take a breath and answer the question...how many bb MOPARS ?
I don't need to know about other makes that do it,it's my boys motors that are the fastest

Well I guess I don't understand the question..........you made the comment and then mentioned Ron Rhodes. He drives a SB Chevy, so I assumed you meant in general.

But if you are asking about BB Mopars in X275, I think they can run that number with the right serious effort combo. At present, I can only think of ONE guy who is even running that combo in X period and that would be Mr Robbins. And this is in no way shape or form a slight against him, plus I am sure he will agree, that his current combo is not a balls to the wall, all out, X275 combo. Spoke with him at Holly Springs and he admitted as much. His combo needs a little work, likely doesn't have the right cam and head, nor has he even approached the jet size the "hitters" in the class run. He is more focused on a "jet limited" 275 class in Texas, where he runs near the front of the pack.............So, knowing what the "go to" head in the X275 class will flow and what a properly done PSO head can flow, I would say a BBM can do it, just that nobody has yet. I would like to try it myself, I just don't have an X275 ready chassis, nor do I have the FIRST part for that type motor...........Now if somebody wants to volunteer up a car and motor, we will see what we can do.........LOL!!!

Monte

Your 100% correct as we are very conservative on our program...4.80's are easy with low 70's or high 60's doable but still does not make us a serious player in X275...The TEX275 jet limit class is in our back yard and our main focus as we're a serious player in that class !!

It was refreshing in Holly Springs at how many complements we got on our car with most coming from mustang guys...was amazing out of 50 cars 90% were mustangs and class could be renamed FOX275,Lol.

Now that they lowered BOP/MOPAR weight to 3000# and give us -6 nitrous lines along with having a new set of PSO heads I may have to order up some carbon fiber body parts and see how serious Monte is about making a BBM NOS combo run up front !!!!!