Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How does a .043" ring fit a .027" groove? No way they run at 7000 and make power. I believe your video it looks like 8500+, am I correct? What if you want to change the cam? Nothing against the old NASCAR stuff. But I question the work required raises the costs. Also not everyone has fab skills necessary. I'm assuming dry sump, was that extra $? Oil lines? Tank? Accessory drive? How about the bell housing and converter stuff? Personally if I wasn't running a specific class ( N/SS) I would definitely consider a P-7. That being said fabrication doesn't scare me at all. How about a "total cost" to get it in the car? How many MPH has your
car run and at what weight, just curious as I know your still working on ET.
Doug

I have several sets of pistons with .043 ring lands is what I meant. I never said that 7000 was what it made power at. $7000 is what I have in the engine itself complete. I bought all the accessories and motorplate for $1200 from EEI. I bought a complete engine in NEW parts for $3800 from John Nizamoff (PS Arrow). I bought the oil tank for $450 from Peterson. I bought a Lot of AN lines/fittings from a shop in SC for $200 (enough lines and fittings to plumb about 5 engines). Cut apart a 2 sets of damaged inconel headers (free) and made one set to fit my duster. Bought pin oilers for $75 around $300 in gaskets, $100 for aluminum freeze plug kit, $65 for one wire alt. $115 for 20AN kevlar upper radiator hose, $190 for a radiator. Had to buy some misc bolts for intake, water manifold, headers, and a dizzy hold down.

If you are willing to search around you can find awesome deals. If you want one tomorrow you may pay a little more.

I built the engine myself so, I only had $180 in finish machining on the block.

Yes, your eyes are correct 9400 rpms. All the fab was done by myself or at my buddies machine shop by me. But I thought we were just talking the price of the engine? Either way when making power you have to build a trans and buy a good converter so that point is mute.

To date the car has been 141 mph. Et is erratic due to traction/suspension issues as is the 60'.

You did pretty decent on the accessory costs. I knew you didn't run it at 7000. Just pointing out that the RPM range on one of these motors is pretty high. The transmission question was, what special parts are required to bolt it up? I guess my point is you can't pull out a 340/360 and bolt one of these in in a weekend for 5-7K total. I love listening to it though. I'm sure you'll get the chassis hooking as well.
Doug

If you add up what he has yes you can, you just need the adaptor plate that goes it a 727/904 trans and your done. I would assume sine you had a 340/360 you would already have Trans.

Brett Miller W9 cnc'd heads
STR Chassis fabraction