Quote:

How does a .043" ring fit a .027" groove? No way they run at 7000 and make power. I believe your video it looks like 8500+, am I correct? What if you want to change the cam? Nothing against the old NASCAR stuff. But I question the work required raises the costs. Also not everyone has fab skills necessary. I'm assuming dry sump, was that extra $? Oil lines? Tank? Accessory drive? How about the bell housing and converter stuff? Personally if I wasn't running a specific class ( N/SS) I would definitely consider a P-7. That being said fabrication doesn't scare me at all. How about a "total cost" to get it in the car? How many MPH has your
car run and at what weight, just curious as I know your still working on ET.
Doug

I have several sets of pistons with .043 ring lands is what I meant. I never said that 7000 was what it made power at. $7000 is what I have in the engine itself complete. I bought all the accessories and motorplate for $1200 from EEI. I bought a complete engine in NEW parts for $3800 from John Nizamoff (PS Arrow). I bought the oil tank for $450 from Peterson. I bought a Lot of AN lines/fittings from a shop in SC for $200 (enough lines and fittings to plumb about 5 engines). Cut apart a 2 sets of damaged inconel headers (free) and made one set to fit my duster. Bought pin oilers for $75 around $300 in gaskets, $100 for aluminum freeze plug kit, $65 for one wire alt. $115 for 20AN kevlar upper radiator hose, $190 for a radiator. Had to buy some misc bolts for intake, water manifold, headers, and a dizzy hold down.

If you are willing to search around you can find awesome deals. If you want one tomorrow you may pay a little more.

I built the engine myself so, I only had $180 in finish machining on the block.

Yes, your eyes are correct 9400 rpms. All the fab was done by myself or at my buddies machine shop by me. But I thought we were just talking the price of the engine? Either way when making power you have to build a trans and buy a good converter so that point is mute.

To date the car has been 141 mph. Et is erratic due to traction/suspension issues as is the 60'.

SDG Motorsports
Hellcat Demon and Redeye Supercharger CNC Porting
https://www.sdgmotorsports.com/