Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

dizuster and I think alike. No way you can start from Penny one and build a 10.0 small block for the same cost as a BB, especially if you are running a b-body. And like he also mentions SB tend to need more gear, RPM and converter than BB, making them less drivable.
The only SB I'd consider using in a B-Body would be a boosted Gen III Hemi....and I'm seriously looking at that route. Of course I'll have to break this 440 1st.

For an honest 6-8k, you can buy a r5/p7 motor that will easily run mid 9's in a typical A body. Buddy of mine did just that, except his motor was on the low side of the above range, and was going 9.40's with it in a 68 Dart within a couple of outings.

Sure but you can do it easier w/ a 400 block, 440 crank, and chevy rods. Buddy's old valaint even had leaf springs and went mid 9's. Doubt the engine saw anything above 6500.

The w8 motor will have top shelf parts and make 1000 of passes, the stock parts in your big block are questionable at best at that power level and be lucky to last a season racing it.

dude had it for years... this was way before any "pre-packaged" kit was even available. I looked up W8 and r5p7 stuff, it's not cheap even used. Speed costs money no doubt.

Does he race the car? Like really race it not once or twice a year. I know of a w8 motor right now you can buy for 5000. You need to know where to look.

Hook me up im looking for a w8 motor....PM me