Quote:

If you take your fender tag off and put it someplace for safe keeping, there is probably a better chance that it will get lost at some point, or if something happens to you sometime and your family has to sell your car, they won't know about the original tag, then there is of the tag being stolen at a show.
Better to replace one of the screws for your original tag with a screw with a nut so that it would be difficult for someone to steal. Or use some JB Weld or epoxy or something for that purpose. Anyone who would steal a tag would only do it if they could remove it in a few seconds with a screwdriver.

Exactly...

I have yet to meet someone that actually had their fender tag stolen, but most everyone knows of a friend of a friend that had it happen. However, I know of several "well meaning" knuckle draggers, that took them off for safe keeping and lost the damn thing. That is a waaaayyyyy more likely scenario.
I have driven many A, B and E-bodys to Mopar shows and all make shows, left the hood open and wandered off, with not an issue. IMO, the ricer guys have more to worry about with theft of parts, than the classic car guys.