Quote:

I think most people want a fender tag simply because its missing.

There will always be greedy people trying to scam we will never stop that. And its not just Mopars I see a lot of LS6 Chevelles out there and the Corvette guys they openly talk about restamping motors.

Back in the late 70's the Corvette restoration shop I worked at had no issues with restamping driveline components or making/changing frame tags...as the owners were more concerned about the "correctness" of the restoration or rebuild...the shop later on started doing Shelby/Mustang restorations, and they were treated to the same form of restamping/tag making, Shelby's had VIN's on almost every part exclusive to the car, so a restoration/rebuild usually meant they were removed/restamped/engraved/restenciled/etc...the Mopar crowd is just late to the game as usual...the only difference now is that $$$$$$ are involved rather than the owners desire to "restore" the car back to so called "originality"....there are those needing tags that feel the restoration is incomplete if the tag is missing, but they are in the minority....tags mean $$$$$$ today for most, those needing them for resale of the vehicle, and those making them