Here is a thought:

Do a reproduction of your original tag, do it in aluminum (so its an obvious fake as the original is steel), and put next to it, another optional tag that says (original tag safe at home). I am not sure, but I bet datatags could do that? If you don't have an original tag when you go to sell the car (like some asking how to solve their problem on this thread), the new owner finds out you don't have it, no big deal. But you can enjoy car shows, and don't have to listen to the morons saying 'hey wheres the tags?' this would shut them up.

I have 2 friends with some pretty cool cars and real buildsheets, yet get tired of the critism of no tags, so this what I suggested for them to look into.

If someone is out there dumb enough to buy a car with an ALUMINUM tag, then they are idiots not doing their home work. For me, I could provide my steel original tags if one wanted, and I don't have to worry about some punk taking my tags (which if they got stolen I would be sick). There was a red gtx some kids stole the tags off across the road, while it was sitting outside for a night or 2. Now I read on this thread, someone lost their tags due to theft at a car show. Listen, Chevy guys don't bolt their protecto plates to their inner fender (no way in hell), they put them away in a safedeposit box, with their paper work, while mopar guys leave theirs out there exposed. A protecto plate is like the holy grail of documentation on a chevy, and its no different than a fender tag on a mopar, yet we treat them differently. We should wake up a bit.

The more I think about this, the more I think I want to do it. Going to hide the original tags away, while I enjoy my cars, and can walk away without worrying with the hood up at a show, or parked outside over night sometimes, etc.

Last edited by 5571; 03/02/15 11:59 PM.