Quote:

I don't think anyone is questioning the value of a fender tag. I have purchased cars with and without documentation. I have a car now with a matching drive train and no tag but i do have the BS. I have struggled with putting a tag on it. In reality putting a remade tag on it is not going to change what the car is. The BS has far more information than the Lynch Road fender tag.We as Mopar owners are very lucky in the fact that the VIN# tells us what motor the car was born with and factory it came from.If you have other documentation and missing a fender tag I see no problem with having 1 made. If you spend $$$ to have a car restored and have a rusted up FT again I see no issues. If yours was lost or someone stole yours again no issues.

I agree with all that and I'd be fine with either the tag or sheet. The LR tags are certainly different but they have more info on them than people give them credit for....If I had to chose one or the other, I'd rather have the tag only because it is a bolted on to the car rather than a pce of paper that may or may not have been in the car when it left the factory.

Though I'm not a huge fan of repop tags, I admit that I'd have one made if something happened to mine....but I have pencil rubbings and dozens of pics of the original so it could be duplicated with no guess work.

I totally agree that we are very lucky to have the engine in the VIN. I've been a brand X collector previously and it's VERY nice to have that in there.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]