Quote:

A protecto plate is like the holy grail of documentation on a chevy, and its no different than a fender tag on a mopar, yet we treat them differently. We should wake up a bit. The more I think about this, the more I think I want to do it. Going to hide the original tags away, while I enjoy my cars, and can walk away without worrying with the hood up at a show, or parked outside over night sometimes, etc.

I agree 100%. Particularly if it is a rare car, the original FT is far too important and valuable to just leave sitting on a car, secured by only 2 Phillips-head screws. The FT is one of the few parts of a car that is absolutely unique to that particular car, and is therefore irreplaceable. So, for every single one of my rare cars I made a fake/repop tag. The repop goes on the car, and the original is tucked away in a safe, along with all the other paperwork/sheet/etc. Very few bad people would consider stealing one off a car, but I just couldn't stomach the thought of coming back to my car at a car show and find my original FT was missing.

- Wade