The Ogle brothers ran a few minutes after Robert in Daily Driver. Ole Fratzog jumped out of the hole in his familiar Gold Challenger, then seemed to stall, or his foot slipped off the pedal. He recovered to a 12.77, but with a booming 120mph at the stripe. I was really looking forward to watching his brother's 73 Cuda this year, and he happened to be matched up with Clark, and his blue barracuda, so I crowded up in the lanes for a better vantage point. It was over way too soon as the big block broke something in between the 1-2 shift of the four speed, and Jason expertly pulled the yellow E-body over to the wall, while Clark went 11.73-115.3 and called it good for the day.

Rachael got her first attempt of 2014 Drag Week at 1:19 pm, and ran a 12.34-110. This did not leave me all warm and fuzzy inside. A few minutes later John ran an 11.19-118 in the 67 Valiant, and was ready to load up for Topeka. Boone and Dad left in the Barnyard Viper to go check on Darren and Dale, then get home to pack up the trailer, which he would pull for the trip. I sent Rachael and the Belvedere back around for another pass, and thirty minutes later she rewarded me with a 12.53-112.6. Both passes had high 1.90 60 foot times, that showed me she wasn't leaving hard, and certainly wasn't hitting the N20 early enough.

8302957-232.jpg (158 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines