Quote:

Quote:

So any suggestions on who I should go with on the pistons, rods, and crank?
I want to keep the max RPM to around 7000 to 7100, if that helps . If there is something I should keep in mind as well, please speak your mind.

Well Greg.. In your own words.

That's why I said to go bigger.
I totally agree with Monte and Al, as I have a 540" B1. But it likes to make power up above where you want to be.
I actually liked my 528" better.
A good set of B1's should flow near 415-420 range.. They work well up to 555" range IMO.
If you don't want to spin the motor up above 7500+ then go bigger and make sure you get a cam, converter, and gear to match the low end power.
It really depends on what you intend to do with the car..

Chris.

Everything you said is true. And I feel that my heads will flow in the 415-420 range. I also wanted to have a little room to grow on with the cubic inch. If you get what I mean.

As far as What I want to do with it is I want to go have fun drag racing. (Bracket racing) I want to build the motor to be fairly maintenance free. Just do the normal routine stuff to it. I am fine tearing it down at the end of the season and putting new bearings in and what not. I'd rather not be into the motor during the season if at all possible.(checking valve lash doesn't count)

Greg

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Cost is irrelevant, making memories is far more valuable!biggrin