Quote:

Quote:

Looks like the car Marty Pearcy's kid used to drive? Love his 64 and 68, great looking cars for sure.

Anyway lots of ways to build a good running combo. My ole bucket of bolts was a 525" B1MC deal. Made 1050+hp and seemed to work well in my 2975lb pig. My junk went hundreds of laps with zero maintenance issues or failures. This is not rocket science by any means. Good components and some thought in the beginning will go a long way.

Having a plan in advance and knowing what your goals are will put you ahead in the end. Some words of advice. Plenty of block options out there. If it were me I would be buying an HP block. If you are going B1 heads, spend the money to go with the T&D paired rockers from the get go. It is a better more reliable system. Buy a good pan and pump. Get the heads to someone who knows how to make them work. GOOD cylinder head people are good cylinder head people period. Don't get hung up in the has to be a "Mopar" guy, trust me in the end you will not regret it. IMO a big cam core if you are chasing 4 digit horsepower is a must. A very good lifter, I prefer the Isky EZ roll x stuff myself. Good machine work and attention to detail during assembly are a must as well.

May I ask what all you did to get 1050hp out of your 525 B1 motor?

And the reason I asking about 525 B1 motor making 1050hp is, that was my target number for my 572.

Greg

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Cost is irrelevant, making memories is far more valuable!biggrin