Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

As Monte pointed out Bore has a much bigger affect than stroke on how much power is made. With Mopar heads just not sure the added stroke is worth the hassles. Look at the GM stuff, compare a 540 to a 555 to a 565. The difference is bore diameter. Stroke is the same on each of these engines and no question a 565 makes more power. All the GM motors make more power because they have a larger bore to work with. 4.600 is a big deal over a 4.500 bore for sure.

Do you feel my B1's will be up for the challenge of the 572?

A 572 is a "square" motor, bore vs stroke and is usually a good choice. Given your heads, or pretty much ANY Mopar wedge head, in my opinion anything bigger is a waste of crank. Remember, the bigger the arm, the more it weighs. So going bigger stroke just nets you a heavier rotating assy, while probably NOT making enough extra power to overcome that, given the cylinder head limits. I would venture a guess that a fully ported original B-1 is likely all done at a 540 or 555. A B-1 MC might be a little better because of the larger intake valve, but will still be limited because of bore size..........Now, if you had MCs with the port floor raised way up, (ala PSO) and wanted to spin the motor to the moon, the stroke might help, but that gets you into a whole other realm of engine type, ie expensive.

Monte

I had a 556 motor. 4.375 stroke 4.500 bore.
Motor was tired. So I figured since I'm there, why not go bigger?

Greg

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Cost is irrelevant, making memories is far more valuable!biggrin