Quote:

Quote:

I started my freshly built 340 last night. Immediately upon startup I had quite a bit of valve train noise. I let it run for about five minutes before shutting it down in fear of doing serious damage. Might have already, I don't know. The lower end sounds fine. Just a lot of rocker noise. I confirmed it by removing the oil filler cap and could hear it. Oil pressure is good and I followed cam break in procedures. I think my mistake was using stock rockers, at least i'm hoping that's what it is. I have a 69 340 block with Speedpro forged pistons .30 over. I installed a Lunati Voodoo #60402 cam and comp cams hydraulic lifters. I had scored a deal a like new set of Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads 6017 for the 340 and had them checked before install. Please tell me I haven't ruined the motor. If it's just the rockers can I use a set of 273 adjustable rockers and pushrods without swapping anything else out? I should have stayed away from the Eddie heads. I have always used stock heads but the aluminum heads were a good deal at $800 for the set.

i'm going to let someone who is fimiliar with these heads confirm this but i think your valve train geometry may be off. i don't think you've actually hurt anything but i would check into that. check 'wiggle' at the pushrod.

I will pull the valve covers and check. Man, this is stressing me out. I have a ton of time and money in this motor... I'm kicking myself for using the stock rockers...

That's King Weenie to you!