Lars,

First thing is the required "install kit" is $130, what I think your talking about is the complete auto to stick conversion with pedals, links, humps etc.

It sounds like you could get by with one of the higher rated World Class 87-93 Mustang T-5's. They made many different strength T-5's, I think up to 330 Ft/lbs torque cap, do your research and get the right one. Swap would be very similar but the Ford T-5 uses a different mounting pattern than the tremec (which is the same as a Toploader). Pilot should be the same, shifter location should be similar, you'l just need a ford disk and a different slip yoke than what we were using.

Mooos, according to the pics that 446 supplied, the standard mustang shifter location is darn close to the factory A-body position except its on center not off to the driver side. Scroll through those attachments on page 1.

As for the clutch, 26 spline is a pretty standard GM clutch setup I beleive. I would call the clutch company to verify but I was told that a GM Pressure plate has the same bolt pattern as a mopar.