i've been doing some research on the trans swap as well. it looks as though in an ebody the shifter location is 5" forward with the tremec as compared to stock. not really a big deal to when doing a conversion. btw i don't think that little tiny peice of steel up in teh tunnel is adding that much to the structural rigidity of the frame at that point. most of the rigidity there comes from the floor pan having the hump.

so your telling me that i can buy a GM clutch setup and use it on my mopar flywheel? thats almost too good to be true. any particular year to use? i know you need the 26 spline disc and those are relatively easy to come by. also, i plan on using a hydraulic throwout bearing. so if i can buy a clutch kit as opposed to peicing all together that will save me some bucks.

BTW i am looking at putting in the tremec 3550 TKO to start since its cheaper and i just like being different. i don't plan on racing the car that hard but those transmissions can be had for about 600 on ebay. might be a good entry point while you save up the cash for the TKO. does any one know if they are that different? i would venture to guess that they are mostly the same except for the internals but i haven't seen them side by side.