Quote:

Quote:

One question, what do you consider optimum adjuster angle?

Once again, two schools of thought:
1. Maintain same range of angle change in the relationship between the pushrod & the adjusting screw from min to max lift (e.g. 15 degrees "under" to 15 degrees "over") to put them both on parallel planes at the mid-lift. IIRC, that's Miller's design.

2. Start out w/ the most out-of-parallel condition when the valve is closed and have them both on parallel planes at the peak lift where the highest spring loading is. From some of what I've seen, this might be what Jesel is attempting, but I can't say for sure.

Without going into all sorts of different types of specific measurements (impact on peak lift, impact on area under lift curve, stresses on adjusting screws & pushrods, etc.), I really can't say which is mechanically "ideal".

My thinking is that the more angle the adjuster is on, the side loading forces are increased exponentially. Add to that that the pushrod is literally trying to shove the rocker body into the shaft and lift the shaft off of the head as the lifter starts up the opening ramps on the cam. I would think that would create more load on the adjuster than what would be present by splitting the sweep angle between over and under the parallel plane. Don't forget about the additional harmonics incuced by the increased lateral movement of the pushrod. Think pole vault.

Hmmmmmmm!

Mike Beachel

I didn't write the rules of math nor create the laws of physics, I am just bound by them.