Quote:

Quote:

What did you think of those pro comp heads in terms of material quality when you ported on them as well as the casting quality i.e. how well bolt holes and such lined up, rocker shaft mounts level and not warped, etc.

If Jesse's were anything like my "porting dummy" BB head, the area under the exhaust valve seats don't have sufficient material to make a smooth transition into the bowls.

I don't know how poor the OOB valve job is because I had Brian at IMM put a "real" valve job on mine before I ever saw it. However, there is still a big "bowl hog" like cut under the intake valve insert that simply didn't need to be cut that deeply.

The short turns have a lot bigger "ledge" than the Edelbrock they copied which just adds to the porting time necessary to bring them around.

I know you're fishing for validation that buying Procomps is a good deal, but IMO they're perfect examples of how offshore "clone" products cut corners.

The small block pro comp castings are supposed to be different then standard eddy's in that the water ports were moved in order to be able to port them and not hit water....otherwise, I think there is no real appeal to them...besides, im just asking, aint no harm in that lol