Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry if this was covered, What rockers did you use for this build, and how much work was required to get them working with the head mods? Also would you expect the same/worse/better results with victors?

I used T&D shaft rockers in a 1.6/1.6 ratio. The only work required was milling the shaft stand down .030" with a 7/8" ball endmill.

This is why you had instability. How many finalists had valvetrain issues with their hydraulic lifters? I'm sure they didn't just put the roller in the center of the valve and call it good. Not trying to be a jerk, I'd like to see you do well, but if Mopar guys dont abandon the misinformation about valvetrain geometry, they will never be able to compete at the same level as the competition.i
Kudos ony all the hard work on the cylinder heads, though. I like to see people thinking outside the box.

How would you address the geometry issues with Mopar's shaft system. I am all ears. Short of milling the rocker stands down and moving the shaft in 2 of the 3 axis, I do not see how it can be done. Please enlighten me so I can understand. J.Rob

Moving the shaft in 2 axes is what is needed, but you are going the wrong way. Dig up an old Mopar Muscle that has Indy Cylinder Head winning their dyno challenge. They had T&D help them correct geometry on their entry and they had to make stand spacers to stay within the rules of not milling the head. The shaft has to go up, not down when you use a roller rocker. The pivot centerline is between the center of the rocker shaft and the center of the roller axle, not where the roller meets the valve tip. That is the equivalent of running a longer valve which is why the shaft has to go UP. The only reason to put the roller in the center of the valve is so the roller doesn't roll off the end of the valve from the excessive sweep that comes from incorrect geometry. With .750" lift, you should be sweeping the valve less than .050" if the geometry is correct. Check it with an indicator and I'd be interested to know just what it is.

Mike Beachel

I didn't write the rules of math nor create the laws of physics, I am just bound by them.