Quote:

OK, Missile Hounds, before I sign off for the night, here are 4 more shots of the blue Dart Sport while sitting on the open trailer.

Under hood first.

Bill Rolik

This is definately a Carlton/Hodges built car, just look at the front suspension. I can't remember what this was called, but it was similar to a tube front axle, but cut in the middle and pivoted there to allow the front wheels to move. If you have ever wondered why some of the Carlton A-bodies have a positive camber-look to the front wheels in a wheelstand, this is why. There was no articulation in the spindle (ball joints) so the wheel/tire just followed an arc as it moved out of the wheelwell.

Also, this has been a great thread, but don't place too much stock in car numbers. Remember, the number went with the driver and the association, not the car. One week, Donnie could be racing NHRA B/A with 2041 on the window, and then the next be in IHRA Pro Stock with a different number on the same car.

And yes, Clyde was the other driver in the photo showing two "Don Carlton" cars. He was pretty proud to have beat the boss that day, as I recall.

Mark