Quote:

His son raced round track cars for a while then joined up with a business partner and they are building round track cars chasis in outside of Lenior.

Very interesting reading about Donnie Jr.

Now 43 years old and the father of three, Donny has a trophy case in his office (built by his grandfather, Dewey Carlton) with a large collection of national championship trophies and awards bearing his dad’s name. Donny’s son, Don Allen Carlton, now ten years old, is a huge racing fan and plans to someday be the third generation to stand in a winner’s circle. Donny’s sister Robin also lives nearby with her three children.

“Dad was a one-of-a-kind,” Donny said. “He was so good at what he did but he always stayed very humble about it.

“He absolutely loved racing and he would have told you that he was lucky to have been able to make a comfortable living doing what he loved. I know that he would still be racing every weekend -- even if he had never made a dime at it.”

Donny Carlton raced stock cars for a few years, but has not been involved in drag racing since his father’s death. “They have a Don Carlton Memorial Race every year at the Wilkesboro track here in North Carolina,” Donny said. “I’d like to go to it sometime, but it’s just not the same going to the races without my dad.”

Quote Taken from --------------------------------->
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Dad2Three/170993/

4816616-DonRacingkids.jpg (129 downloads)