Quote:

Quote:

Okay, here's what I know. The car in front is definately a Dart. The car in the rear is definately a Duster. Aside from the "yellow" car, Carlton had a Pro Stock Dart (pictured) that also ran in B/A with virtually no changes. P/S lettering was for IHRA or match races while B/A was for NHRA. (If you recall, Larry Morgan ran his Pro Stocker earlier this year at an event in B/A, by simply changing the lettering and adding a little weight.) The Dart pictured was later painted candy blue and became a Nationwise Rod Shop car, still owned and driven by Carlton. The Duster is definately not the Wire Car. Aside from the wrong hood, I've attached a photo of the Dart in its final paint scheme with the Wire Car, which you can see is still not finished. Another photo shows the Yellow Car taken at the same time. My best guess is that the Duster in question is the actual Mopar Missle Duster, simply repainted. I think Chrysler, not Spehar, actually owned that car. Of course, Spehar did own the E-body Missles. Mopar scaled back their involvement in 1974, before essentially pulling out at the end of 1977. That would explain why the cars did not continue to say "Missle". The Duster in the photo should be the car that was totalled in Florida whose remnants reappeared years later as the "Mopar Missle" Duster in the Garlits museum.

Doesn't the car in the far lane have the pointy Dart Sport nose on it?

Dart Sports also have the trailing edge of the front wheelwell opening angle back while Duster went straight down. But I can't see that area well enough in the original pics.

The 73 later grille in the Duster had some of a point on it too and from the side it can look alot like a Dart front end.

Back in the swing of things at Painless again! Great to be back!