MOPAR MISSILE DUSTER

This is what I know, or think, happened.
When Chrylser closed the Missile Hemi program, they sold/gave Carlton most of the equipment, and cars. The Missile Duster, yellow car, wire car, D5 Colt etc. In late 1973, I bought the Missile Duster directly from Donnie, he and Clyde delivered it to my shop in Tampa. At that time it was solid black, and came ready to run. (Picture 1 wreck) At that time, for business and family reasons, Nelson DesChamps was figure head for my racing projects. Early spring 1974, the Duster was rolled in the sand at Bradenton, due to a faulty oil pump plate gasket. We ran the car most of 1974 and half a year of 75 - at all NHRA races and some IHRA races. During the winter of 74 we painted the car in the yellow and black motif - that is how it was when I sold it to Kenny Hahn, who sold it to Juno Joe, and after that I lost track of it. Later I learned that Donhoff had the car and it had been wrecked and restored terribly wrong.
Fast forward to 2004 when Joe Pappas emailed me for info about the car. Rumor was that it had been totally destroyed. I learned it was at Garlits Museum and arranged to go see and investigate what was real on the car. Surprisingly most of the car, from the firewall back was original. But it had been restored by someone, that had no clue as to some of the aspects of the car (altered wheelbase, etc.) - The car looked dead wrong.
Therefore the Missile car that was at Garlits, was the real deal. The car in the picture of this thread is NOT the Missile. Back to square one, which cars are they ?

4813018-1.jpg (451 downloads)