Thought I would chime in on the thread. I may be a bit late but wanted to put out some information for what was posted previously. First off thank you to Bob, cudadon and tboomer for the kind words.

I have been running e85 for the last 6 seasons. I have run it anywhere from 8-1 compression up to 13.5-1 compression. I have had great success in running more consistent, quicker ets, all the while running cooler.

First off some of the issues I have have been related to the fuel system. The biggest issue I have seen is with BG 2 or 4 port fuel pressure regulators. The stem that is in them will decay and break apart thus plugging the floats. I have run everything from the 14.99 quick fuel dead heads up to the billet 90 dead heads from quick fuel or aeromotive. They all have worked flawlessly. The second issue i have seen is with foam in the fuel cell. I have had some foam that is fine with the fuel others that have broken apart immediately. To keep it safe remove the foam from the cell. Also run a stanless filter element. The glue they use on the paper gas filters can flake off and make it through to the fuel bowls.

Also I Do Not run any additives in the fuel. I store in a steel drum and keep it sealed tight and out of the sun. This has served me well. I do believe the issue lies in the additives that are part of the pump gas that the fuel is mixed with and can vary by region. If you need something a little marvel mystery oil will do very well. The biggest thing with additives is to not overdo it.

To move on to the requirements:

Overall the fuel requires 30% more to keep the same mixture on gas. So with that said your fuel pump, lines, filter, regulator and carburetor must flow 30% more than is required on gas. so if your car produces 600HP your fuel system must be capable of feeding a 780HP combination. (600 x 1.3 = 780). Most of the fuel systems we run are overkill so that is normally not the issue. The issue lies in making the carb flow 30% more fuel. This cannot be accomplished with only bigger jets.

The carburetor modifications:
First we must make all passages larger to accommodate for more fuel. This is everything from the needle and seat to the booster passages.

The idle passages are large enough to start with which is a good thing. The main wells must be properly sized for e85. this is a size in between that of gas and methanol. I use a ream to drill the sizes properly. I do use different sizes for 4150 carbs and 1150-1250 dominators.

Next we must use the proper emulsion circuits. I have found the best is to go back to the roots where holley started it all with 2 holes ranging in size from .024-.028 depending on carb size and cam specs.

Then we must resize the IFR. Range from .042-.046

After this we must resize the cross channel since we are resizing the booster. The booster pins must be enlarged. Again depending on the carb size and other engine specs.

Also your bleeds will depend on some factors but normally range HSB .023 - .029 IAB .054-.068.

Needle and seat must be alcohol compatible and from .130-.140 in size.

You also must change the accel pump gaskets to alcohol compatible and resize squirters .036-.050 depending on combo. I have not had to run 50cc pumps on anything i have tuned thus far.

Now to jet sizes you can normally bet on a jet size increase of 6-8 sizes. However I have tuned some that are more efficient with the carb mods and end up with the jets the same as on gas. Some have been 10 sizes higher. It is all depending on the combo. Also one trick I use if you want to run screw in jet extensioins is to drill them out as well so there is no restriction.

If you guys have any other questions let me know on here or PM me or email. I can do conversions, build new or do a kit for you.

Thanks for reading.