Quote:

i'll repeat it again , chapman is not a source for the head , i am going to go out on a limb here and guess that MP is marking up what chapman is charging for the CNC work .

No, the heads are coming out of the Zeus Foundry, under MP contract, designed in the Chrysler Technology center, using a MP casting core box....The heads are MP DESIGNED castings, I don't know who is doing the initial Machining, it used to be Arrow or Galaxy that was doing stuff like the plug holes, bolt holes etc, but Chapman is installing the guides and seats and doing the CNC work......I'll stand by my statement that MP is not marking up these heads much at all, when all is said and done between modifying the cores, doing a new casting run at Zeus etc etc.... These are such a limited run head, there is no way they will pocket dime one on these heads, they will be a net loss for Diamler IMO when all is said and done.

I can't say for 100% sure what if any markup tehre is on those particular heads but MP made the mistake of inadvertently allowing a Chapman Machining Invoice attached to the side of a box of CNC W9's I had here and based on the MP pricing of those heads, they were not marking them up much at all... It's just one of those deals where, if I knew EXACTLY how much they had in the bare castings, between engineering, R&D, Paying the foundry, and paying for initial maching of head bolt holes etc, I could tell you exact markup, but as of now I'm just GUESSING as to the costs they have in the bare castings, but even if I guess low, the markup ain't much.... They definitely rip people off on the markup of some stuff (like the MP .001" oversize main bearings for SB ) But the Chapman heads are'nt one of those things IMO.