Scary stuff. Nice pictures!
I was banned from this site for a few months. During that time I swapped in the K member that inspired this thread.
In April, I took the Charger on a 1000 mile road trip from Nor Cal to Van Nuys for their Spring Fling car show. During the trip, I started hearing some noises coming from the front end. Back at home I found that both lower control arm bushings were shedding rubber. I figured that since replacing them meant I'd need an alignment, I might as well make a few other changes. I swapped in the welded k member. As the original came out, I found that the RH motor mount was broken! I decided at this time to switch to the Moog offset UCA bushings to achieve more Caster.
I was able to get the car aligned to a set of specs that wasn't possible before. 1/2 degree of NEG camber, 1/8" toe IN and 5 degrees of POS caster. The car responds great, but I haven't really thrashed on it very hard since the changes. The weather warmed up and I started in on ways to eliminate the detonation. I've had threads in other forums here on that topic so I won't bother you with those details here.