Quote:

3. Known/reported failure of any mopar k member structural spot welds is rare or non existent

I'm not a corner guy, more of a drag racer. In my early 20s (early 90s) I beat my 73 Dart Sport 340 4 speed car WITHOUT mercy. On the track and on the street. Ripping through the gears nearly all the time. Nothing too fast, just a low, low 13 second car. Any way, one time, after leaving my GF's house, when I finally got to the main road and pulled out, I ripped through the gears as usual. Then I had to slow down for a traffic light. All of a sudden, the FRONT tires are squealing and brakes are not locked up. So I pull into a convenience store and get out to see what's going on. Both front tires are leaning out at the top or the bottom of the tires were tucked in. I called a friend for a tow. Turns out, BOTH lower control arm tubes cracked and ripped out of the K-frame. I got another K-frame from a local used Mopar parts vendor. The K-frame that he pulled to sell to me was already cracked on one of the LCA mounts. I had him pull another K-frame for me. We welded washers to it so it wouldn't happen again. This is all long before internet forums.