Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Cars owner last time I talked to him was thinking about taking it back out to re-install the stock stuff. as one of things he didn't care for he felt the hydraulic system would react fast enough to speed shift the car

TRUE!!! --because there's such a lag from when you hit the brakes till when your car actually starts to stop

there is no delay on a hydraulic system, be it your brakes, or your clutch; other than in your own mind.

there's lots of reasons to run hydraulic clutch systems, and lots of reasons to run stock mechanical linkage. both has their advantages, both have their drawbacks. but "slow to actuate" is not one of them!

I put the car together. made initial adjustments per Amercian Powertrains tech adviser before the drivetrain install, and still had to re-adjust it after startup. With the headers and the scattershield it sucked bigtime.
I never even came close to a powershift of any kind and never had problems so I'm not certain other than what the cars owner said to me. But I took it he was not real happy with the system.

One of the problems I had was getting enough pedal travel to move the TO bearing to completely dis-engage the clutch. I do realize this may have been a line size issue and/or a cluch master cyl issue, I don't know. But I think all the parts were supplied by the same manufacture. So I assume it should work correctly but it didn't.

Based on the one car I did , I'll keep useing the stock stuff

Could be 2 reasons there. Too much air gap between to bearing and clutch, so that all the travel is taken up before the clutch releases, or too small of a master cylinder with not enough fluid volume per stroke. Or if you're not getting a full stroke on the master. So, 3 reasons

Same manufacture is one thing, a matched set/kit is another.

Fixes:
More spacer to take up "slop" between TO bearing and clutch
Larger master cylinder
Mount pushrod lower on the pedal to get more stroke on the master

**Photobucket sucks**